Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Starlet's Run Review


Title: Starlet’s Run
Author: Carla J. Hanna
Goodreads Rating: 3.84 out of 5
My Rating: 5 out of 5

            This is the second book to the Starlet’s Web series and this book picks up where the second book ended. This book is still Liana trying to cope with all her life struggles. I have much more respect for her in this book than in the first one. Liana is sick because her mother gave her an anti-aging pill without her knowledge. Liana has an amazing boyfriend, Manuel.
            The main thing that I love about this book in particular was that we got inside each of the secondary characters. The characters that I loved other than the main characters were Liana’s grandmother, Celia, Beth, Jean and her family, Dr. Jack and last but not least Pierre (aka CSY7). I love them all so much because they each genuinely care about Liana even if she does not know it.
            Manual I feel like changed the most in this book. I mean like you meet a whole complete different side of him. He is still not that thrilled about Liana’s career and takes it out on her and others. All with good reason because he knows how the business can get but at the same time he was really disrespectful about it. I was actually glad when you see him act differently then we were aware of because it shows that he is human and that even a guy who is supposed to be Prince Charming can have some flaws.  
            What I love about Ms. Hanna’s writing is that she puts real life issues into her stories without being too obvious about it. When I read her books it is like I am reading a Sarah Dessen book. This book is a great continuation to the first book. I actually believe that it is better than the first one and must be read.

No comments:

Post a Comment