Friday, September 7, 2012

Book Review: A Long Way from You


Title: A Long Way from You  
Author: Gwendolyn Heasley
Publication: Harper Teen

Release Date: June 5, 2012
Amazon Rating: 4 out of 5
My rating: 3 out of 5

Summary: Kitsy is an upcoming senior who wants to do everything with art. When she has the opportunity to live in New York City, the place of her dreams, she grasps it. Her best friend Corrinne and her family live in New York and they give Kitsy the chance to stay with them for the summer. Kitsy then goes to an art school to pursue her dreams for the summer. She has her doubts about what her life is like now and whether she should stay a small town cheerleader with the big football player boyfriend, or the new art student she wants to become.

My Review: Okay so I do like this book, I only gave it a 3 out of 5 because it felt like something was missing. Or more like I knew what was going to happen and nothing was a surprise to me. A small town girl going to the Big Apple to pursue her dreams, cliché! I love clichés but it was too much for me. I love the character Kitsy, but even though she is seventeen she acts like she is fourteen. Kitsy is the sweet country girl who does everything for others and very little to herself. That is the greatest quality that anybody can have, to care about others before you. Once she gets the chance to finally do something for her with no costs she has to take it. The problem is once she gets to the city she changes, for the worse. She starts to have feelings for another guy. She still has a boyfriend back home. What should she do? I think the reason why I didn’t like it as much was because all the characters were a little too immature for me. Corrinne whines about everything and sounds like a brat, even though she does have a good heart. Hands, Kitsy’s boyfriend, is the big man in the small town. He hates how Kitsy wants to leave him to go to New York. But I do love their relationship its one of the most realistic relationships I have read. Tad is the older guy who wants to have a career in music that caught Kitsy’s eye. She can’t help but have feelings for him, even though she does live Hands. Then there is Ford, my favorite character, he is like the gay best friend that every girl wants. Over all I do like this book, I just think it is more for the 12-15 year old readers. For people my age it is a cute and easy book to read. I finished it in a day so I would recommend you get is as an eBook.

Picture

  • http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13490833-a-long-way-from-you

No comments:

Post a Comment